f About Prince of Wales Lodge No. 630
Home Joining a Lodge FAQ About Us About Masonry Media Stories

Our Founding

Instituted on March 31st, and constituted on October 23rd, 1925, the Prince of Wales lodge brought together a preponderance of physicians, dentists, bankers, locomotive engineers and teachers that lived primarily in the area known today as “The Junction”. At the time of the lodge’s formation, Toronto proper was still a distant city that required train travel to reach. Owing to the distance, the Toronto West Masonic Temple was constructed in 1909 to house lodges that were formed in the Western satellite communities. It was in this building that Prince of Wales lodge found a home to this day.

Our Temple

Prince of Wales meets in the beautiful West Toronto Masonic Temple, located at 151 Annette Street, Toronto. Click here for a map. Click here for a photo.

We are accessible via TTC. The closest subway station is Keele, and our nearest intersection (Keele and Annette) can be reached by taking the 41 or 85 Keele buses. Those travelling east-west along Annette can reach us via the 26 Dupont bus.

Our Name

Lodges are often named after characters, events, and history within Freemasonry. Occasionally, an important member of society or royalty may have their name adopted in recognition of their achievements. During the period of our founding, a strong alliance to the British Empire still existed, and a request was made to the then Prince of Wales for permission to incorporate his name and Coat of Arms in our lodge crest.

Unfortunately, the Prince was unable to endorse the lodge with his official seal, due to the high volumne of such requests in that era. Yet without any discouragement, Prince of Wales Lodge maintained their name and developed our own insignia which is used to this day.

Our Crest and Seal

Our crest features the historical "black knight" riding a white horse before his ancestral home. This crest is featured on our official jewels and pins.

Our seal was designed by a member of our lodge during the early days of our founding. It too features a horsebound knight, and it appears on our official correspondence. The banner he carries reads "Ich Dien", which is our motto: "I Serve".


Throughout the last 85-plus years, our lodge has seen many changes. Today we are vibrant, enthusiastic, diverse and welcoming. Our membership reflects the diversity of our city; multiple cultures, languages, and beliefs, but all dedicated to Masonry as a fraternity and philosophy.




Links on Our Site

Joining a Lodge looks at the process of becoming a Freemason in simple terms.

About Us provides a look at our history, our members, and why we feel our lodge may be for you.

Frequently Asked Questions is a comprehensive series of questions that you may have about Masonry and us.

Where are we?
Prince of Wales meets in the beautiful West Toronto Masonic Temple, located at 151 Annette Street, Toronto. Click here for a map.

Contact Us 
Still want to know more?
Click here to email our Secretary with your questions.



Copyright [2013] Prince Of Wales Lodge. A.F. & A.M. No. 630 G.R.C. All rights reserved